The Postdoc-NeT-AI offers on-site visits to leading universities, research institutes and companies; including discussions and numerous networking opportunities with experts from the field of artificial intelligence. For the next tour in November 2020, we invite excellent early career postdoctoral researchers to apply until 16 August 2020.
The Postdoctoral Networking Tour in Artificial Intelligence (Postdoc-NeT-AI), which is funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), has the goal to connect international postdoctoral researchers with the German AI. Twice a year, we offer fully funded tours to the hotspots in the public and the private sector where, for one week, the selected researchers have the chance to connect and discuss their work with leading researchers in the field of AI.
Apply now to this year's tour (taking place from 22 to 28 November) until 16 August 2020.
Who can apply?
Applicants should have:
- an outstanding scientific track record with a focus on artificial intelligence and machine learning (preferably connected to one of the research areas of the current guest institutions);
- obtained a PhD/doctorate before the travel but no longer than 5 years ago (exceptions can only be made if justified by outstanding achievements);
- not been living in Germany or affiliated with a German institution within the previous 12 months;
- drive and determination, initiative and a willingness to play a role in shaping the future.
What form does funding take?
- coverage of all programme-related costs in Germany (accommodation, domestic travel, most meals);
- a lump sum travel allowance if such costs are not covered by a third party;
- the opportunity to combine the tour participation with additional networking activities in Germany - and guidance in identifying relevant contacts.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic travel restrictions might apply. If the participation of a successful candidate is prevented by persisting restrictions tied to the Covid-19 pandemic, acceptance and funding eligibility can be transferred to the subsequent tour.
When is the closing date for applications?
The application deadline for the November 2020 tour is Sunday, 16 August 2020.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions as well as the application form can be accessed here: daad.de/ainet/apply