International Aerial Archaeology Conference AARG 2018 Venice (Italy)
The Aerial Archaeology Research Group (AARG) 2018 Annual Meeting will take place in Venice (Italy) from September 11th to 15th 2018, with sessions scheduled on September 12th and 13th.
The AARG meeting provides a forum for the exchange of ideas and information for all those actively involved in aerial photography and remote sensing at large, photo interpretation, field archaeology and landscape history. This also includes the use of remote sensing in defining preservation policies for archaeological sites and landscapes.
The 2018 AARG meeting will focus on the following topics (see Call for Papers):
- Local session: aerial archaeology in Italy
- Coastal, shallow and lagoon water environments
- Drones: to drone or not to drone
- Remote sensing and Land management: field and agricultural systems
- Monitoring changes (looting, endangered historical heritage, environmental changes)
- Aerial archaeology in collaboration – using methodological approaches from other branches of science
- General discussion: can we stop fly now?
The Call for Papers is now open. Closing date for all proposals is 15th May 2018.
Online / Webinar
24 Sep 2021