MCAA General Assembly & Annual Conference: Venice, 4-5 March 2016
The 2016 MCAA General Assembly and Annual Conference was held across two days in Venice, Italy on 4th (Conference) and 5th (General Assembly) March 2016. The event organisation was greatly assisted by the North Italy Chapter, in cooperation with various local partners, in particular the Ca' Foscari University.
ELECTIONS: Members attending the GA were invited to elect a new MCAA Board and Executive Committee for the next two years. The results of the election are published here.
POSTERS: Over 70 members submitted posters; these were on display on both days, providing a wealth of examples of the work being done and allowing other members to meet the researchers involved.
IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS: During the General Assembly, members were expected to have inspected the Minutes of the 2015 GA and the Financial Statements for 2015. Members who were unable to attend the GA, but who wished to vote on matters discussed were able to appoint a proxy (i.e. a member attending who could vote on their behalf) by completing the proxy form; this option is now closed
Minutes of MCAA General Assembly 2016: minutes_of_mcaa_general_assembly_2016.pdf
The Conference - Friday 4th March 2016
GA March 2017 - Conference Slides
- Dario Pelizzon, Ca’ Foscari University [S1 - Welcome - Dario Pelizzon.pdf]
- Marie Prchalova , UNESCO [S2 - European Dimension - Unesco.pdf]
- Ilaria Pierdomenico , EURAXESS Italy, AREA Science Park [S3 - a career to manage - EURAXESS Pierdomenico.pdf]
- Athina Zampara , European Commission, Research Executive Agency [S3 - a career to manage - Athina Zampara EC.pdf]
- Cristina Gómez Corchete , Oficina Europea MINECO / FECYT (Parallel Session 1) [PS1 - How to participate in MSCA - Cristina Corchete.pdf]
- Anett Kiss , MCAA Board and University of Sussex (Parallel) [PS1 - H2020 - Anett Kiss.pdf]
- Fumi Kitagawa , University of Edinburgh [PS2 - Building ScBiz - Fumi Kitagawa.pdf]
- Marco Gorini , European Enterprise Network, Veneto Region, Italy [PS2 - Building Scbiz - marco Gorini.pdf]
- Snezana Krstic, Chair of the MCAA (Parallel) [PS3 - Responsible Research - Snezana Krstic.pdf]
- Cristina Gómez Corchete , Oficina Europea MINECO / FECYT (Parallel Session 4) [PS4 - Communicating research - Cristina Corchete.pdf]
- Wuraola Akande , University of Ibadan, Nigeria [PS4 - Commuicating Research - Wuarola Akande.pdf]
- Anett Kiss, Chair of the MCAA Grants and Award Working Group (Awards) [award committee.pptx]
The General Assembly - Saturday 5th March 2016
- Final Agenda
- General Assembly– what happened?
- New MCCA Board – outcome of the elections on 5th March