Call for applications - 6th Lindau Meeting of the Laureates of the Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences
The Meeting of the Laureates of the Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economics Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel will be held from 22 to 26 August in Lindau, Germany. Want to attend? Keep reading!
The selection is based on the following criteria:
- a young economist should be under 35 of age, belong to the top of his/her class, and have strong recommendations from his/her academic advisor;
- a candidate should have a promising research agenda. Post-docs or early tenure-track scinetists should have produced outstanding research papers on relevant subjects;
- a candidate should show a pronounced interest in the international dialogue within the academic community;
- a candidate should demonstrate fluency in the English language;
- the candidate should be motivated and willing to prepare himself/herself solidly for the Lindau meeting.
The process is a two-step procedure. At the first stage you should submit three items:
- a statement of motivation: this should explain briefly why you think the participation will be beneficial for you, your research and your career, and your host organisation (if relevant). At most ½ page, 250 words is requested;
- an individual tailor-made letter or letters of recommendation:
o Length: roughly one DIN A4 page/one standard letter size submitted as a pdf file;
o Language: English;
o A description of your achievements that could also cover details not found in your CV. A description of the nominating institution is not necessary;
o The letter should be written by a person who knows you well, e.g. supervisor of the Master or PhD thesis.
- your current CV.
Deadline for applications for MSCA fellows via the European Commission as Academic Partner is on Wednesday 7 December 2016.
Contact email: EAC-LINDAU-2017-ECONOMICS@ec.europa.eu
More information on the Lindau Nobel Laureates’ meetings : http://www.lindau-nobel.org/meeting/