"Future of the doctorate" conference and online platform
The "Future of the doctorate" conference will take place from 28 to 29 May in Riga, Latvia.
It will be an opportunity to discuss the following questions:
- What is the right balance between the creation of knowledge and wider economic and social objectives?
- What is the right balance between demand and supply of doctoral graduates?
- How to ensure that doctorates are fit for purpose in times of changing research environments and the decrease in permanent academic positions?
- How to balance the need for specialisation with the need to acquire more general employability skills?
- What does this mean for national higher education systems?
This international conference is organised by the European Commission. For those unable to attend, the online platform is open to individuals willing to discuss different subjects pertaining to the future of doctorates.
Two MCAA speakers!
Quazi T. H. Shubhra and Olatz Lopez-Fernandez will represent the MCAA at the parallel session "Employability of doctorate holders" and tell about their PhD experience and how it has influenced their career.
More information about the event:
The online platform: