Take part in the Reach.Out! 2015 Competition!
What is it? Reach.Out! is a science communication competition that aims to engage the members of the European Materials Science community (students, scientists, engineers, researchers etc) who have designed, organised and implemented a public outreach activity in the EU between May 2014 and the 31st of April 2015.
Who can participate? Entrants must be individuals of 18 years old or more, and members of the European Materials Science community, or working in the science, technology or engineering of Advanced Materials.
What is the purpose? This outreach activity must be related to Advanced Materials and its main aim must have been to uncover, to the non-specialists, one or more of the following aspects of work within this field: its applications, its impact on the creation of sustainable societies, its impact on the economy, the people behind the scenes, the complexity of the work done, and of course, possible controversies, etc.
- Popular science articles (printed or digital)
- Experimental exhibitions and science shows
- Theatre or stand-up comedy shows
- Videos or mini documentaries
- Café scientific talks or presentations
- Science and Art blending
- Games (mental or physical skills games, digital or real-life ones)
- Musical composition or song writing
What is the deadline? All application materials must be received by 30 April 2015.