Wanted: two postdoctoral researchers - Apply by 28 June!
InTalent is a new research support initiative by University of A Coruña and Inditex, based on the sole criterion of scientific excellence and aimed at attracting postdoctoral research talent with extensive international experience and standing. We offer support to all Excellent Science projects without exclusion, irrespective of discipline or specialisation.
The aim of this call is to initiate a competitive contracting process for 2 recognised researcher positions.
Desired skills and experience
Ideal candidates ‘InTalent’ research grants will demonstrate the following attributes and experience:
- Excellent recent research track record and ability to generate new knowledge;
- Professional maturity, ability to work independently and potential to build and maintain a strong scientific reputation;
- Ability and willingness to participate in other national and international Excellent Science funding schemes, such as European Research Council (ERC) Starting and Consolidator grants, Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competition ‘State Programme the Promotion R&D&I Talent and Employability’ schemes (e.g. Ramón y Cajal), alternative funding streams within the H2020 programme, and competitive funding opportunities operated by other international agencies.
The selection process is open to candidates with a PhD who meet the following criteria:
- Be in possession of a doctoral degree awarded, at least, three years prior to the date of publication of the call for proposals. The date of award will correspond to the date of thesis examination and approval by the examination board;
- Minimum 24-month research placement in R&D institutions outside the country the PhD awarding institution, to be completed prior to the date of publication of the call for proposals. Total placement may be an aggregate multiple mobility periods lasting no less than one month each. Applicants in possession of a PhD completed in a university outside of their own country will be deemed to have met the international mobility requirement;
- Fulfilment of current eligibility criteria for ERC Starting or Consolidator calls.
- The contract will remain in effect a period of two years, with the possibility of a single one-year renewal. The contract will be renewed automatically, subject to receipt a request renewal from the researcher between three and six months prior to completion the original contract term.
- Researchers will be paid a total contract sum of 60,000 Euros per year, including gross salary, social insurance and final pay.
- Researchers will receive additional funding in the amount of 10,000 Euros during each year of the contract to cover the costs of starting up their line of research.
- Researchers will be provided with a suitable work space in which to carry out their research activities.
- At the beginning of the contract term, researchers will receive an additional one-off payment in the amount of 1,000 Euros (gross) for initial living expenses.
- The body responsible for administering the InTalent programme, the UDC Office of Research and Knowledge Transfer (OTRI), will provide researchers with specialist advice and assistance throughout the lifetime of the contract, to help ensure the necessary climate of research excellence in which to carry out their work.
Timeframe for the submission of applications: from May 3, 2018 at 08:30 (spanish peninsular time) until June 28, 2018 at 14:30 (spanish peninsular time).
More information about the 2018 call InTalent programme, and to submit your application, please click here.