Dear MCAA members,
We are pleased to present to you the third issue of the Marie Curie Alumni Association Newsletter.
First of all, mark the following date in your agenda! The MCAA Board met for the first time on 24 January and agreed to hold the next General Assembly on Saturday 22 November 2014.
Check out the third issue of the MCAA Newsletter! Like past editions, the Newsletter rounds up useful information for researchers and above all, first-hand tips, advice and stories from Alumni for you, the Marie Curie Community. Here is a sneak preview of what you’ll learn from this issue:
- Definition of the day: Smart Specialisation Strategy. An easy-to-understand overview of this innovation concept.
- Meeting one of the pioneers of the Marie Curie Actions. Currently Head of the European Commission’s Representation in Luxembourg, Georges Bingen helped create the Marie Curie Actions and of the MCAA. Check out our video and a print version of our conversation with him.
- Special coverage on ESOF. In June, ESOF and the MSCA Satellite event "Transferable skills: MSCA added value for your CV" will take place in Copenhagen. For you, we met the ESOF Champion and the ESOF Chair Career Committee to learn more about this exciting event.
- Special coverage on Social Sciences and Humanities (SSH). An overview of SSH under Horizon 2020 and testimonies from Fellows who explain what this field of research represents for them and their aspirations.
- Ten Websites you need to know to find research partners. Looking for a project partner and no idea on which doors to knock? Browse 10 websites to find your ideal future co-worker.
- During my Marie Curie project, my host country was….the United States. Tips and advice from Marie Curie Fellows who have worked or are currently working in the United States.
- I benefited from a Marie Curie Action: Career Integration Grant (CIG) in the spotlight. Seven Fellows share their experiences of this Marie Curie Action.
- Five top tips on how to create an efficient international network. The key to a successful researcher’s career is explained by two talented Fellows.
- Ten minutes with…Andrada Lazea-Stoyanova. For this regular one-on-one feature, we meet an Alumna from Romania.
- Working on a Marie Curie project: from Asia to Europe. These two Alumni moved from Asia to Europe for their project. They share their tips and memories.
- All you need to know on the Innovation Union (IU). Find out about one of the targets for the European Union 2020 Strategy.
- Keep in touch…what’s coming up in the next newsletter? See what's in the pipeline for the next newsletter!
The MCAA Team